You have the option of freezing the securities in your account to make sure that they can’t be sold for a specific period of time or until you ask us to unfreeze the securities. You will need to fill up a freeze/unfreeze request form and send the physically signed form to our office.
Instructions to fill out the freeze/unfreeze request form.
- Fill in the date of sending the instruction
- Select Freeze/Unfreeze
- Enter demat Client ID which you can find in DP profile section
- Select level of freeze/unfreeze i.e., Account level or ISIN level or Quantity level
- In case of ISIN level freeze/unfreeze request, you need to provide securities details i.e., ISIN and Security description and type of freeze i.e. Debit only or Debit and Credit.
- In case of Quantity level freeze/unfreeze request, you need to provide securities details i.e. ISIN, Security description and Quantity.
- Frozen for debit implies that the holdings cannot be sold and frozen for credit, so more units of the security cannot be bought. If you only want to place a restriction on selling the holdings, select debit.
- It should take anywhere from 48 to 72 working hours to process the freeze/unfreeze request.
- All securities in your demat account (like stocks, mutual funds, G-secs, etc.) can be frozen.