You can transfer shares from your Kotak Securities account to another NSDL/CDSL demat account by submitting the DIS (depository instruction slip) to our office.
Once your DIS is received, we will commence the transfer process. The Depository (NSDL/CDSL) will send a link to your registered email ID and mobile number. You will also be sent an OTP. To complete the transfer, you will need to provide the OTP on the link that is sent by the NSDL/CDSL before 9pm on the executed date.
- When a direct transfer is made from one demat account to another, it is known as an off-market transfer. There are different reasons (see possible reason list) why investors would want to make an off-market transfer.
- If you want to make an off-market sale, you have to fill out the Annexure for DIS and send it along with your DIS. It is compulsory to fill the payment details.
- For an off-market sale, stamp duty is applicable.
- Off-market, transfer charges will be applicable according to the agreed DP bill tariff.
- Shares/Mutual Funds holdings that are in free units can be transferred through this process.
- Shares/Mutual Funds holdings that are under lock-in can’t be transferred using this process.